Would alien evolution mirror earthling evolution?
What if life on other planets looks 90% like life on Earth?
- Life starts a blob.
- The blob develops motor skills.
- Motor skills lead to advantages in an elongated form.
- Consuming food happens at the point of first contact: the head.
- Excrement naturally flows out the back, creating a digestive tract.
- More sensors are needed at the place of first contact: the head.
- Eyes evolve at the head to give foresight.
- Stereoscopic vision becomes more useful, especially to predators.
- Size matters and we see larger blobs.
- Larger blobs require hardened internal support structures, or skeletons.
- The organism evolves a bilateral symmetry around an up-down plane, since turning left and right are the same.
- If the organism is in water, we'd see fins.